Duff-Norton Modular Actuators
Duff Norton modular actuators are made for a variety of applications. They are custom made by matching standard actuators with electric, air, hydraulic or explosion proof drive units.
Duff Norton translating tube machine screw models feature a traveling lift nut which allows precise load positioning. Translating tube actuators are used when environmental contamination is anticipated as they have an enclosed lifting screw and translating tube. For use in locations relatively free of dust, dirt and moisture.
Optional limit switches and transducers are available on the translating tube machine screw modular actuator.
Modular - Translating Ball Screw
Modular Actuators - 100 to 2,000 lb.
RATED LOADS: from 2,000 lbs, varies with gear ratio and motor HP
STANDARD STROKE: up to 24 inches
SPEED: to 170 in/min (varies with load and HP/RPM of motor)
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- The outer aluminum tube is corrosion-resistant protecting the translating tube, and lifting screw and nut
- A wiper-scraper seal at the end of the outer tube keeps dirt out and lubricants in
- A bronze guide bushing inside of the outer tube reduces lateral movement of the translating screw
- The translating is tube zinc coated for weather-resistance
- Single or quadruple lead ball-bearing type lifting screw and nut for higher efficiency and long life
- Vent in outer tube prevents pressure build-up in the actuator
- Furnished with standard clevis end on translating tube. A threaded end is available through special order depending on the application Any type of threaded connection may be substituted.