Duff-Norton Modular Actuators
Duff Norton modular actuators are made for a variety of applications. They are custom made by matching standard actuators with electric, air, hydraulic or explosion proof drive units.
Duff Norton translating tube machine screw models feature a traveling lift nut which allows precise load positioning. Translating tube actuators are used when environmental contamination is anticipated as they have an enclosed lifting screw and translating tube. For use in locations relatively free of dust, dirt and moisture.
Optional limit switches and transducers are available on the translating tube machine screw modular actuator.
Modular - Rotating Machine Screw
Modular Actuators - 100 to 2,000 lb.
RATED LOADS: from 2,000 lbs, varies with gear ratio and motor HP
STANDARD STROKE: up to 24 inches
SPEED: to 170 in/min (varies with load and HP/RPM of motor)
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Integral 56 frame, C-face mounting flange
- A three-piece flexible coupling for easy motor assembly is included
- Four threaded holes in base for standard hydraulic cylinder, clevis end accessory attachment. Tapped 1/2 20 UNF-2B
- Rolled thread lifting screw, with work hardened finish, reduces coefficient of friction between screw and lifting nut. Provides smooth, efficient operation and long service
- Steel worm and bronze gear set for quiet operation. Available in 5:1 and 20:1 ratios
- Rugged lightweight aluminum housing is corrosion resistant
- Bronze lifting nut for longer life
- Standard grease fitting on housing for easy lubrication of worm gear
- A stop-pin at the end of the lifting screw prevents inadvertent run-off of lifting nut