Anti-backlash Screw Jacks
Screw Jacks - 1/4 to 350 Ton
1/4-to-250-ton capacity. Anti-backlash actuators reduce vertical backlash resulting in smooth, precise operation and minimal wear. Backlash occurs when the motor driving an actuator reverses its load direction. When the actuator is under load, the lifting screws threads are supported by the worm gears threads. The anti-backlash nut, pinned by the worm gear and adjusted downwards by the shell cap, forces the bottom thread surfaces against the upper thread surfaces of the lifting screw. Thus, backlash between the lifting screw and worm gear threads is reduced to a minimum.
- Duff Norton's anti-backlash design features a separate anti-backlash nut capable of reducing actuator backlash to less than 1 thousandths.
- Anti-backlash actuators can lock and reliably hold a load, thereby eliminating the need for brake motors required for some applications.
- Duff-Norton developed the anti-backlash actuators to reduce screw-to-nut backlash to an absolute minimum.
- As wear occurs, the actuator can be easily adjusted, without any disassembly, to return the backlash to its’ original minimum value.
- Available with standard, optional, & numeric ratios.
- Available in stainless steel for most capacities.